Friday, August 10, 2007

WIP update

In between knitting other projects, I've been slowly working on my Print O' the Wave Stole and my daughter's ripple blanket.

The ripple is so so long. I think I'm crazy.

Also this summer I'm doing Dishrag Tag. The tag started August 1. I got my teams box early this week from knit 't lit with 2 balls of dishcloth cotton, some goodies and a dishcloth. I quickly knitted up a garterlac dishcloth, filled the box with 2 new balls of dishcloth cotton, some goodies, and mailed the box off on to the next teammate.
My last bit of crafty news for the week is my dinning table chairs. With a 2 year old and a 4 year old, my dinning room chair cushions were getting pretty gross with spills and whatnot on them. So I came up with the idea of re-covering them with the material from a vinyl tablecloth. I bought 2 tablecloths at Kmart for $4 each, not much of a selection to pick from :( Then I cut up the tablecloth, un-screwed the cushions from the chairs, covered the cushion, and re-attached. Done! Now I can wipe the chairs clean as spills happen. A cheap fix. Maybe one day when my kids are bigger I'll get nice fabric and reupholster the chairs more stylishly.

7 comments:

misstricia said...

Thanks so much for the dishcloth! It's so cute, and I loved the goodies... :) I got it yesterday, knit my dishcloth for the next person and sent it off today. Go Rags to Dishes!

Beth said...

Oh man! I'm anxious for my turn at the box! :)

Octopus Knits said...

Your WIP look great! Dishrag tag sounds entertaining...

chauntel said...

That is a fantastic idea with the tablecloth! I wish I had known that one years ago! Now that my kids are at that older stage & I don't have upholstered chairs anymore!
I love the ripple blankets but the size & repetetiveness of them scares me off a little. Yours looks so fun in those colors!

KathyMarie said...

I love the seat cushion idea! I don't have kids yet, but I'm going to store this idea away.

Marin said...

You are so productive! The dishrag tag looks like fun. I was actually thinking about recovering a rocking chair seat for outside on our covered patio the same way. I ordered some oil cloth from fabric.com for it, but the table cloth idea would have been much more cost effective.

Ai Ferri Corti said...

Your pattern - the one in the first picture - is wonderful! I like it very much.
Bye from Italy!