Monday, June 18, 2007

A quick baby sweater

A cousin last week had a baby so I decided to knit the new baby a sweater. I love baby knits because they are so quick. I really like this pattern because it is top down and almost seamless pattern. The only seaming is the top of the hood.
Pattern: Easy Baby Cardigan by Knitting Pure and Simple (it is a free pattern)(size 6 months)
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted (approx 1 1/2 skeins) in the Continental color
Needles: Denise size 7 and size 8 double pointed
Also in the last week or so I've casted on a couple other projects. First is another lace project, Print O' the Wave Stole by Eunny Jang. I'm using Sea Silk in the Ivory color for it.
My other new project is another Green Gable and I knitting it with Rowan's Calmer.

2 comments:

Khalila said...

Hi Abby,

I have a friend whose baby is due in September. I love that sweater and I was looking for something to knit for her. Thanks!

chauntel said...

I love the Print o'the wave shawl! It's so simple but beautiful. The seasilk is the perfect yarn choice too. I can't wait to touch it in person!!!