Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A ripple blanket from my past

Over the weekend I took a photo of a ripple blanket I crocheted during my freshman year in college for my dorm bed (about 15 years ago). I have no idea what brand of yarn I used. It is probably some type of acrylic. I do remember walking into to town and buying the yarn and crochet hook at a drug store. The pattern was on the label of the yarn. At the time I had never done any crocheting before. Today my mom uses the afghan and she told me that if I wanted it I needed to make myself a new one. She's not parting with "hers."
My Ariann sweater is knitting up nicely. I just joined the sleeves to the body and started the raglan decreases. While browsing through the Ariann KAL I found some helpful advice on how to do the decreases and maintain the stitch pattern.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

What an amazing blanket to have for so long. :) I really like the color o the sweater, very pretty.

Khalila said...

Hi Abby,

I'm always lurking on your blog but I just got a chance to see your flickr page and saw you made the Horcrux socks too. I think you and I have similiar tastes in knitting except I can't figure out how you finish things so fast! I have two boys and it takes me a month to make a pair of socks. And I've had my Sahara sweater on the needles since Feb. I enjoy your blog and just wanted to say hi!
Thanks,
Khalila

Jill said...

I love that color your using on your sweater. I'm making a ripple afghan. First one I've ever made. I might be doing the reverse though and the next one will be for my mom.