Thursday, May 10, 2007

FO: Sea Silk Tuscany

Last I blocked my Sea Silk Tuscany Shawl. When I woke up this morning it was all dry. I immediately unpinned it so my kids wouldn't play with the pins and I tried the shawl on. I extremely happy with how the shawl knitted up and blocked. Here are some details of the shawl...
Pattern: Tuscany from No Sheep for You
Yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk (1 full skein and 1/4 of second skein) in the Paris color
Needles: new Addi Lace Needles size 6US
Size: 31 inches long at deepest point and approx. 80 inches across the top
I have read on other blogs about how wonderful Sea Silk smells. Well.. as I was knitting Tuscany, I noticed that my Sea Silk had no noticeable smell at all. I was a little bit disappointed and I hopefully thought that when I blocked it would change.
Guess what? It did!
Last night after I pinned the shawl out to block it and I started spritzing with water, a lovely smell emerged from the shawl. (It still smells this morning too.) Yeah!! I love this smell a tons more than the smell of wet wool blocking.

10 comments:

Marieke said...

That's gorgeous! I love how the colors and pattern accent each other so well.

Tanya said...

Lovely! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing! I so want to knit a shawl! Great colors.

Jennie said...

It's gorgeous!!

Pennie said...

Now that is beautiful . . . I'm thinking seriously about lace knitting especially after seeing how beautiful it can look

Laura said...

Abby, that shawl is absolutely stunning! Now you need to go somewhere fun to show it off! Where did you get your Sea Silk? Because I just know I'm going to need more! Plus, I'm thinking I need to get another skein of the Sea Wool Bordello that went to my sister. You are really prolific -- when do you find the time?!

Lucy said...

Beautiful shawl Abby - love the colours - Congratulations!

Suzanne said...

love it! love it! love it!

Knittinreed said...

Gorgeous!!! And the colors are wonderful too. Beautiful knitting!

Kim said...

You've been tagged! See my blog for details.