Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Sweater for Spring

This morning I finished sewing on buttons to my Top Down Sweater. I really happy with how it turned out. I love the lightweight and softness of the Lorna's Laces yarn.
The pattern is a variation on Glapmyre's Bulky Cabled Sweater.
The differences between my sweater and that pattern is the yarn weight, mine is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, not bulky. Next mine is mostly stockinette stitch and no cabling.
I used 2 skeins and maybe a third or a quarter of a third skein.
For the button band I crochet it. I did this instead of picking up stitches and knitting. Here is my Green Gable. Right now I'm knitting endless rounds of knit stitches and I guess I'm making progress on it.

1 comment:

tellen said...

You know, I find myself at the same point, knitting and knitting and knitting. I like the top down though, because the biggest part is done first. Nice job on the cardigan! :)