Thursday, April 05, 2007

Some New Things!

All those rounds of just knitting knit stitches on the Green Gable got me thinking that I wanted to start a new shawl. Here it is. The pattern is Forest Canopy shawl and the yarn Mountain Colors Weavers Wool Quarters in the Indian Corn colorway. I like the colors of the yarn but I'm finding to be a little scratchy on my fingers as I knit. The other Mountain Colors yarn I've used is their 4/8's wool and Bearfoot and they are very soft in comparison.Also new today is my first SP10 package! My pal noticed I've been into knitting socks and included a sock pattern called Railroad Rib Socks by Evelyn Clark. For the pattern you can use either fingering, sport, or worsted weight yarn. I love patterns like that. To knit some socks is some Sockotta yarn and also some soft Queensland Collection's Uruguay DK yarn. For holding a small project like a sock she included a little Lantern Moon bag. The last bit of goodies in the package were some candies, a coloring book, and crayons for my kids. Thanks SP!

3 comments:

Marieke said...

I love that one of your kids cute little hand is fingering the yarn in that first picture - a yarn junkie in the making! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby, glad you got the package! Being so close to Easter, I had to get you some Easter goodies!
SP10

Kim said...

Your shawl is going to be very pretty. Hope your family had a wonderful Easter!