Monday, March 26, 2007

What have I been doing?

On Thursday last week I frogged the wrap I was knitting called Lake of the Woods. I really like the pattern but I didn't like the yarn picked for it. The yarn was Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in the Ice House color. The colors were not working for me for the wrap. However I really really like the Shepherd Worsted yarn. It is so so soft!
So I decided to use the Shepherd Worsted yarn to make a top down seamless sweater. I love top down sweaters !!! It is loosely based on the Bulky Cabled Sweater that I recently knitted. I've made a number of changes. First it is mostly knitted in stockinette, not garter stitch. Second I've left out the cables because of the busy variegated colors. So far I have only used 2 skeins of the Shepherds Worsted. I have one more skein to finish it up. Next, I did a little knitting on Lady Eleanor. I haven't touched it for over a month. The yarn is Noro Silk Garden Lite.
Last up is another sock. It is an ankle sock out of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in the Lakeview color. The yarn is from some leftovers in my stash. Based on my kitchen scale I have enough to knit some ankle socks. For my pattern I'm sort of using the sock recipe from the Knitting Rules book by the Yarn Harlot.

4 comments:

chauntel said...

Don't you just love the quick knits?? They are fantastic. I really, really liked how your bulky cabled sweater so this one should be just as nice & cushy.

Anonymous said...

wow, your really cranking out the socks! I love the colors in your sweater.. so Springy.
Secret Pal 10

Kim said...

Wow, you have been busy! I like the colors of your socks

tellen said...

I love your Lady Eleanor. And I love Silk Garden... :)