Friday, March 09, 2007

Sock in Progress

I've been slowly knitting this sock. The other night around 11:30 p.m. I noticed I had dropped a stitch in the decreases in the gusset at the instep of the sock. I had a hard time trying to pickup the dropped stitich and so I ended up frogging the entire sock. Why I felt I needed to frog the entire sock I don't know, except it was 11:30 at night and I was tired and not thinking straight. So I've now re-knitted to wear I was 2 days ago....
So far I've not followed the pattern exactly. I knitted only 30 rounds on the sock leg after the picot edging, instead of 48 rounds. Also for the decreases in the gusset, I did them every other round, instead of every round.
I don't know if you noticed but on my previous post the Yarn Harlot left a comment about the socks I made using her sock recipe. I love getting comments from everyone but she sure surprised me...wow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Secret Pal 10. Cool sock. I love the colors and the picot edge. I haven't tried that yet. Is it easy? Looks hard. ! I can't wait to see how they turn out.
Secret Pal

Kathy said...

I just love the colorway. It's gorgeous.

I feel your pain on the late night frogging. I was so horrible at doing it I had to make frogging rules for myself. There are only two: no frogging after 10pm and no frogging after two glasses of wine. :D

Dipsy said...

This sock looks so beautiful already, what a happy and cheerful colourway! I'm so sorry you had to frog the first version of the sock though - but now everything will work out fine, I'm sure about that!

Laura said...

Wow Abby! A celebrity on your blog! I'm impressed! I've done that late-night-frog thing before. It always seems like a good idea, nay, the only option at the time. Back in the day I had my share of situations like that with the guy at the bar at closing. Yikes. Thank God I lived to tell the story. Maybe I should make a bumper sticker: "I'd Rather Be Frogging."