Thursday, March 15, 2007

One Hank Socks

Yesterday I finished knitting up my Lorna's Laces One Hank Socks. I love the colors and the picot edge is kind of cute. The colorway is Iris Garden from Lorna's Laces and it really only took one hank of yarn. On the right in the picture below you can see how much yarn I have left over, not much. The pattern is relatively easy but I did make a few changes. I only knitted 30 rounds for the leg section, decreased every other row in the gusset, and did not knit a star toe. If I had followed the pattern and had done 48 rounds on the leg section I might not have had enough yarn.
Also the weather cooled down a bit and I was even able to wear my new socks with my birks around town. They are quite comfy together.


2 comments:

Marieke said...

I guess you're not so much a "barefoot" knitter anymore ;)

Those are really cute socks, though...I may have to try those eventually!

Oh, and I'm working on a "live dangerously" hat to see how I like the pattern. Thanks for sharing the link!

Missed you at knit group last night.

~Marieke

Polly said...

Those socks look great! I'll have to try out that pattern.