Saturday, March 31, 2007

Last day of the month knitting

My Top Down Sweater using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted is almost finished. All I need to do is get some buttons and make some button holes. Do I get wooden buttons, silver buttons, or something else? Yesterday I got in the mail 3 skeins of Cotton Fleece in the "Candy Apple"color to make Green Gable by Zepher Style. So far I've just finished the lace section at the top of the sweater.
The Lorna's Laces ankle sock I started last weekis going slowly. Yesterday when I picked it up to knit after putting my kids to bed, I noticed that one of my dpns was missing. My knitting had been on the sofa all by itself and that is never a good idea in my house with a toddler and pre-schooler. I immediately knew my daughter had done something with it. My husband went back into my daughter's bedroom and asked her what did she do with mommy's knitting needle. Their conversation went on sort of like this.
"I was playing with it."
"Where is the needle?"
"It's hiding."
"We don't what you and the baby to get hurt. Where is the needle?"
"I'll give you a clue."
"Okay."
"It's with the dollies."

4 comments:

Polly said...

WOW everything looks great!

Sabine said...

I love the Green Gable.

Anonymous said...

I love the color you chose for Green Gable.

Marieke said...

Love them all! I may need to borrow some patterns from you :)