Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Another Hat and Socks

Here is my knitting from the past week...
Completed is a pair of socks made with Schaefer Yarn Co's "Anne" yarn. The pattern is a "Sock Recipe" from the Yarn Harlot's book Knitting Rules. These socks are a for my sister. She tried them on yesterday and they fit her perfectly. They are a tiny bit too big for me. The colors pooled a little but I don't mind.
I started out knitting these socks with my new Knitpicks metal double pointed needles and I got really annoyed with them. I kept dropping stictches and the needles would constantly slip out and fall on the floor. So mid-way through the first sock I switched back to using my bamboo needles. I don't think I'll be using the Knitpicks dpns again even though I really like their pointy tips.
Next up is another hat using the Live Dangerously, Don't Swatch pattern. It is the smaller hat on the left. I had a lot of yarn left from the one skein on Mountain Colors 4/8's Wool that I used to make the bigger hat (which is on the right in the pic). So my husband suggested I make another hat for one of our kids. As it turns out my husband prefers the wearing the smaller hat, it is more snug fitting.
I've also just casted on for another pair of socks. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in the Iris Garden colorway. The pattern is called Lorna's Laces One Hank Socks It is the first time I've knitted a picot edge on socks and not regular ribbing.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad the recipe worked for you!

Mrs. H said...

I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks and thought I'd de-lurk for a bit.

Re: the metal dpns... I always keep point protectors on the ends of mine. Slows things down a bit when switching to the next needle, but I love how the yarn slides on the metal. Love the color of the new socks.