Tuesday, February 27, 2007

SP10 - The Questionnaire

I thought about for a little while and I decided to participate in Secret Pal 10. I had fun with SP9 with my pal Kim (and even despite some bumps along the way) so I decided to go it again. Here are my answers to the questionnaire.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I enjoy knitting with soft wool, varigated yarns, cotton, natural fibers, blends. Fibers I can't stand are acrylics, fun furs, & noveltie yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My Denise needles are in their case and the rest of my needles are in ziploc baggies

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
In 1998, I taught my self to knit using a book (I can't remember the title). I'd say my skill level is intermediate-advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope!

5. What's your favorite scent?
I'm an unscented type of person, but I do like lemon or citrus scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I really only knit and I don't do other crafts. I don't spin either.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most types of music except heavy meetal and rap. I don't know if my computer play MP3s.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are green, purple, pink, blue, brown...I guess I like most colors. However I can't stand sunshine yellow.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married with two little kids and two cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit lace shawls, seamless top-down sweaters, hats, socks, etc....

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks, a hat, & a lacely wrap (Lake of the Woods)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular needles and I love my Denise needle set. I also like Inox Grey coated aluminum circular needles, & bamboo double pointed needles (Crystal Palace).

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO is 2 1/2 years old. It is a aran cable sweater from The Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would love to try knitting some of Zephyr Style patterns like Green Gable, Rusted Root, & Wicked or Stitch Diva's Simple Knitted Bodice & Sahara. I have a subscription to Interweave.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Magic Loop

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes. I am a size 7 1/2.

23. When is your birthday?




3 comments:

Kim said...

Yay! I'm glad you're participating again (I am, too!) Who knows, maybe I'll get to spoil you this round!

chauntel said...

I wouldn't mind teaching you the magic loop one Thursday night. I will bring a set of needles & yarn this week in case you want to learn. You will need a circ that is at least 32" long. Any size you want needles & yarn. I will be casting on a hat.

Marieke said...

Secret Pal sounds like SO much fun! I'll have to do that one of these days...