Monday, February 12, 2007

Knitting Another Sweater


Since knitting the Forecast sweater, I am becoming addicted to knitting top down raglan sweaters. I love the no seaming to do and how quick they are to knit. So on Friday last week I started knitting Bulky Cabled Sweater. This sweater and Forecast were both designed by Glampyre. I'm using Handpaintedyarn.com Bulky Merino in their Lettuce color with size 11 needles.
Also last week I started knitting the patternLake of the Woods by Ilga Leja. It is bascially a feather and fan pattern that you knit from the bottom up. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepard Worsted in the Icehouse color. I love how soft the yarn is.

9 comments:

Kim said...

I know I've said this before- but you are a really fast knitter! That green yarn is wonderful!

quiltyknitwit said...

Your Lake of the Woods is going to be stunning.

rachel iufer said...

stephanie japel is my hero. have you seen her new book, fitted knits? i just ordered it from barnes and noble. SO EXCITED!!!

three cheers for top down raglans!

Operakatz said...

Love the green yarn...really looks great with the cables.

Dipsy said...

Like you, I'm absolutely amazed by top down raglans - no sewing? Can it get any better? ;)
That green yarn is so beautiful, and I also love how your Lake of the Woods is coming along - what a truly stunning pattern this is!

Laura said...

Hi Abby! I love your Lake of the Woods pattern. It is actually what I was imagining for the Plymouth Outback that I had purchased and started a feather and fan triangular shawl with awhile back. I had stopped because it just wasn't quite right. Where did you get the pattern? And don't you love Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted? It is hands down one of my favorites to knit with. So soft. So pretty. Great work girl, knit on!

Abby said...

Hi Laura! I got the pattern for Lake of the woods online at Angelika's Yarn Store

Sheila said...

I haven't tried the top down raglans. I am intrigued. Great colors.

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,
Beautiful work!! I know what you mean about the Lake of the Woods pattern. I personally think a solid color would show the feather and off better. But I love feather and fan and have often done it in the multi-colors.

Keep up the good work, and the awesome photos!!
Angelika www.yarn-store.com