Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hat & Socks

The other day my husband asked me to knit him a hat. I had read about a hat that you knit from the top down and don't need to swatch and I immediately thought this would be the perfect time to try it. The pattern is called Live Dangerously, Don't Swatch Hat (at this link, scroll down to find the pattern). I had a good time knitting this hat and I plan on using the pattern again. The yarn used is Mountain Colors 4/8's Wool in the Wilderness colorway and size 7 needles.

My daughter's Snoopy is modeling.

New socks are also just off the needle too. The pattern is called Horcrux Socks. These are quick to knit because the pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and a gauge of 5 sts per inch. I'm planning on giving these to my mom because she likes loose & stretchy fitting socks to sleep in at night. These socks are exactly that. Yarn is "Hot Foot" that I bought at Village Spinning and Weaving.

Also I have been slowly knitting on the Lake of the Woods. It is growing little by little.

1 comment:

chauntel said...

That hat sounds like something that I may *need* to try out. Thanks for the link!