Friday, February 09, 2007

Forecast is Done

I completed Forecast on Tuesday this week. Knitting the sweater took about 2 weeks. It is the fastest sweater I've ever knitted. I used Cascade 220 and size 8 & 6 needles. I blocked it kind of aggressively to make it a little more roomy. Also I used 5 buttons, rather than the 10 recommended by the pattern. I prefer to wear it unbuttoned. It is just a little too warm for me to wear a wool sweater buttoned up (I do live in a relatively mild climate here in CA) The weather forecast is for a bit of rain this weekend so I should be able to get some wear out of the sweater :)

4 comments:

Laura said...

Nice work, Abby! I love your leaf lace shawl too. You have been a busy mama! I am contemplating a Cascade 220 sweater too, a Wonderful Wallaby, I think. We had a about a month in there cold enough for wool, but it is warming up I've been noticing.

tellen said...

Oh!! You were wearing that last night!! I kept looking at your sweater and in my head, I would think, "Did she make that?" and then would get distracted before the words could be formed and spoken. It is very cute!! I like mucho. Good job.

Marieke said...

I have to confess, I wasn't a fan of the sweater when I saw it on the model, but you REALLY pull it off well! It looks great on you and I love the color.

Great job!

rachel iufer said...

it's beautiful! great job!