Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bulky Sweater ...block it?

Over this past weekend I finished knitting my Bulky Cabled Sweater. I haven't blocked it yet and I don't know if I will. What do you think? I know the button band will lay a little smoother if I do but I don't know... I think I'm being a little lazy. (my daughter was sick most of the weekend with the stomach flu...vomiting...yuck!) Overall I'm really happy with the sweater. It knitted up quick on size 11 needles with about 4 skeins of handpaintedyarn.com bulky merino wool. It feels super soft and comfy. The only modifications I did with the pattern were with the sleeves. For the sleeves I didn't do any of the decreases and I knitted the sleeves on double pointed needles (no seaming!). Also for the buttons I knitted the buttons into the sweater using a technique I saw on an episode of Knitty Gritty (no sewing buttons on!)
I casted on to knit a pair of socks. It has been over a year and a half since I last felt like knitting a pair of socks. You can find the free pattern here. It uses worsted weight yarn and so it should knit up fast.

In other knitting news, this afternoon the mailman delivered a package from my Secret Pal 9 Angel, Brooke. Included in this sweet package is a SF messsenger bag which will be great for putting stuff in, the super One Skein book, Crystal palace circular needles, and some lovely soft Misti Alpaca yarn. Thank you SP9 angel!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Wait... your real SP9 never sent you anything?

Abby said...

My "real SP9" kind of disappeared and in January she did send a package. Also my SP9 hostess offered me an "angel", so I said sure....

Kim said...

sorry to hear you had a less than stellar experience. You were a great pal to me!

Queen Frogger said...

Your bulky sweater is lovely and looks good on you. I just made a chunky sweater which I hate! I wish I had made a cardigan now!

Marieke said...

The sweater looks great!

And I love the "I ♥ SF" bag...I want to know where I can get one! (Says the girl moving to SF, LOL)