Thursday, January 11, 2007

Yeah! SP9 Goodies

Today the mailman delivered some goodies from my Secret Pal. In the package was Plymouth Yarn Fantasy Naturale (cotton) in green and purple and a variegated skein of Mountain Colors 4/8's wool. Also included in the package was a IK magazine, a Lantern Moon bag (which will be great for carrying a project around), a yarn cutter pendent, a sweater key chain, and some extremely dark tasting chocolates. Thanks you SP. Now I need some ideas on what to knit up with the yarn :)
My Leaf Lace Shawl is growing. I've done eight repeats of chart 2. The pattern suggests doing 10 repeats for the small size shawl. I'm not sure how many I'll do, 10 or 11 or 12 repeats. I have 650 yards of this yarn. The pattern calls for only 550 yards to make a small shawl. I really don't want to run out of yarn again. The picture below is a close up of some leaves.
The farmer's market bag is still knitting up slowly. (So I don't work on very often) Every time I work on it is seems as if I am never making any progress. Round and round I knit but it never seems as if it is getting any bigger than before.

No comments: