Monday, January 08, 2007

Not Enough Yarn

On Saturday I ran out of pink yarn for Clapotis. I thought 7 skeins of Artyarns Supermerino would have been enough. I only need a little bit more. I was so close to finally being done with it. Now I'm too lazy to want to frog it back to the straight row section and have fewer straight sections and then having enough yarn to do the decrease portion. A trip to a yarn shop should help. I think I saw this yarn at BB's Knits. I had origionally bought this yarn online and on sale. Oh well to using up yarn from my stash. My cat enjoys laying on my knitting. I'm no longer knitting the Forest Canopy Shawl. I frogged it on Saturday too. Now I knitting Evelyn Clark's Leaf Lace Shawl I really really love Evelyn Clark's patterns. The Forest Canopy Shawl is a nice pattern but it wasn't clicking with me and the black yarn I am knitting with. I'm using a 3-ply Prime Alpaca Yarn which is super super soft with size 8 needles.

2 comments:

chauntel said...

The leaf lace shawl will be beautiful!! And I am sorry you ran out of the pink! That is one thing about that clapotis, it eats up the yarn! You are sure you will have enough & bam! You are one repeat short. Had it happen. It stinks.

Kathy said...

The clappy is gorgeous! What a bummer to run out of yarn so close to the end.

Your cat looks a lot like one of my cats. :)