Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Over the weekend I did a little shopping online for some knitting stuff that I have been wanting for awhile. With a 50% off coupon that I got at Coupon Cabin I purchased this. Then from Knitpicks I purchased this to go with it. Also at Knitpicks, I splurged and got this book that I've been eyeing a bit. I also bought some yarn :) While reading one of Mason-Dixon Knitting December posts on their blog, they offered free "ultra cute" autographed book plates. I couldn't pass this up. So I emailed Kay asking for 2 book plates. (One for myself and one that I am going to send to my Secret Pal.) On the December 21, the 2 bookplates arrived in the mail and I promptly put one of the book plates into my Mason Dixon Knitting book.
Also over the weekend I really felt like working on my Clapotis. I've completed 9 straight row sections. I love knitting it up with Artyarns Supermerino.
Also last week I finished knitting and blocked a scarf for my husband with left over yarn from my Pimlico Shrug. It is the Double Cable scarf from One Skein. The scarf measures about 43 inches long and I knitted it up with my size 9 Denise needles.

Lastly I did just a little knitting on the Forest Canopy Shawl for my mom.



1 comment:

chauntel said...

Good for you for getting a swift! They are so fun, and necessary, to use.
Nice looking scarf!