Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Starting Holiday Knitting


I finally decided on knitting my mother-in-law and sister-in-law this year some ruffle scarves. Yesterday I took a shopping trip with my kids to Target in Ventura which is about 30 miles away(there are no Target stores in Santa Barbara). After loading up on stuff like baby wipes, toilet paper, slippers, shirts, a sweater, etc...at Target, we went to Anacapa Fine Yarns It is a really nice shop that I learned about at my knitting group. I had never been there before. They have a really nice selection of yarns and they are located really close to the Target.

At the store I bought some yarn called Linie 194 Solo. It is bascially like a tape with a loose weave that you can knit with that creates ruffles. The tape is 2 colors, 1/2 navy and 1/2 gray and you poke your needle through one edge to create the ruffles. I'm not using any pattern to make the scarves. I simply casted on 4 stiches with size 5 US needles and simply knitting away in like a garter stitch. It is a easy knit. The picture above shows one skein of the yarn knitted up and is about 32 inches. I'm going to use up the second skein of the ruffle yarn for the scarf. This scarf is for my mother-in-law. I bought 2 skeins of it in the purple and magenta color for the scarf for my sister-in-law.

1 comment:

Judy said...

That yarn and the ruffles it forms are amazing !