Monday, November 20, 2006

Knitting New Stuff

New on the needles is the Pimlico Shrug. It is from the book Knit 2 Together. There are so many great things in this book that I plan on knitting. So far I've knitted about 13 inches of the body portion of the shrug. The body portion of the shrug has an eyelet pattern that is rather pretty and keeps me entertained. The yarn I'm using is Artyarns Supermerino #248 in a dark chocolate brown color, I love it. Below is a picture from the book of the shrug.

Here is a photo of my finished Clapotis with my cat sneaking across. I used a sock yarn called "Hot Foot" that I purchased at Village Spinning and Weaving in Solvang. I used size 8 needles and 560 yards of yarn. Because I had less yarn than called for in the origional pattern, I did a couple fewer increase and straight sections. In the end I ended up using all the yarn with barely a few inches left to weave in.

Back in October I knitted up a corset-t. I wasn't happy with it and over the weekend I frogged it. Now I'm knitting it into another Clapotis. I've read on some other blogs that 7 skeins of Artyarns Supermerino can be used to knit up a Clapotis. Well, I've got the seven skeins and here I go. My other cat joined in this picture too and you can see my new pair of pink Crocs that I bought today at Nordstroms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your clapotis looks GREAT! I am jealous you are starting a second one! Hope your thanksgiving was wonderful.

~your secret pal