Thursday, October 05, 2006

Swallowtail Completed


Here is my finished Swallowtail Shawl. On the grass here it looks like it is ready to take off and fly away. I blocked it on Saturday and only got around to posting a picture of it today. I used Classic Elite Inca Alpaca (about 4 1/2 skeins) and size 7 Denise needles. This was a relatively quick knit and the pattern I would definitely knit up again with some other type of yarn.

Here is a shot of the shawl as it was blocking on my daughter's bed. Unfortunately I had to take it off the bed before it wasn't completely dry (my daughter wanted to go to sleep). Then I had to finish blocking it on my dining room table. Now I thinking about making or buying a blocking board.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Beautiful job! I love the color you used.

Kessa said...

Agree with 1st noter. Its a gorgeous color. I love your log cabin too. I was scrollign down when I saw it. Really pretty! I've been thinking of knitting one recently. =)

Pennie said...

That is beautiful, simply breathe taking :) cute blog too

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shawl! you are very talented!

From - your secret pal!

cecily said...

someday...i will tackle lace. for now, i'll just be jealous of your gorgeous shawl! :)

Stephanie said...

What a lovely color! I'm jealous --- I had a hard time starting this pattern.

Congratulations on an amazing garment!