Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Secret Pal 9

Here are my answaers to the Secret Pal 9 questionnaire...

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I enjoy knitting with soft wool, varigated yarns, cotton, natural fibers, blends. Fibers I don't enjoy are acrylics, fun furs, & noveltie yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My Denise needles are in their case and the rest of my needles are in ziploc baggies :)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned once as a kid to knit and hated it and stopped. Then about 8 years ago using a good book (which I don't remember the name of) I taught myself to knit again. I'd say my skill level is somewhere between intermediate and advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I'm an unscented type of bath person but I do like citrus scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes. Dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
In the past, I used to quilt and do needlepoint. Now I mainly only knit. I don't spin either.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
I like most types of music except heavy meetal and rap. I don't know if my computer play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are green, purple, and pink. I usually can't stand knitting with yellow and orange unless it is a gift for someone else.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married and have 2 kids and 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, sometimes when the weather is cool.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
My favorite things to knit are shawls, blankets, rugs, dishcloths,socks, hats, etc... there are very few things I don't like to knit.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm knitting a corset t-shirt, a Sophie bag, and a Mason Dixon Circle of Fun Bathmat.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer curcluar needles. I love my Denise neeles. Other needles I like to use are Inox Grey coated aluminum needles and Lion Brand plastic circulars.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO is 2 years old. It is a aran cable sweater from The Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would love more Evelyn Clark patterns like Flower Basket or Zepher Style's patterns like Green Gable or FiddlesticksPeacock Shawl or Romance Shawl. I don't have any magazine subscriptions. I usually go to a book store and look over the new knitting magazines to see if they are worth purchasing or not. However I am thinking about getting a subscription to Interweave.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to learn mobius knitting, like Cat Bordhi's which I saw on Knitty Gritty. (However I'm not in a hurry to try it out)

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Once in great while I'll knit socks. I have a size 7 1/2 foot.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
April 20

1 comment:

your sp9 angel said...

Hi Abby. I sent you an email before I left for SF. I am your SP9 Angel. I read your sp9 questionniare. too bad we were not buddies originaly. I don't like yellow either and my fav holiday is thanksgiving. what a pair!!