Friday, September 29, 2006

Swallowtail Flying Fast off the Needles

My Swallowtail Shawl is knitting up quick. I have only 10 more rows of the "peaked edging" to do and I will be all finished (except for blocking it too). I haven't been knitting anything but this all week.
Here is a close-up of the Budding Lace(above).
This is a close-up of the nupps in the "Lily of the Valley" borders. A nupp is basically a K1, yo,k1, yo,k1 all in the same stitch on the right side of the shawl. In that same stitch on the wrong side you pearl all 5 if those stitches together. It makes like a bobble. Pearling 5 stitches together can be tricky but I googled "nupps" and found the The Knitting Doctor with a helpful tip. The tip simply involves "pushing the stitches down to the cable part of the circular needle, then purling them together." This worked out great for me and is so simple.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I never even thought of moving all those stitches down to the cable to make purling them together easier. Duh! LOL Great idea. :-)

Your shawls are gorgeous, btw.