Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Hip Hip Hooray! My Log Cabin Blankie is Done!




It was my goal to finish my log cabin blanket by the end of August. It was really close, but it ended up being in the evening on Sunday, September 3rd instead. I'm really really happy with how my log cabin finished up. My husband even said it "looks beautiful." The final measurements is 50 inches square. I used Sugar & Creme yarn. I bought 2 balls of each color and I have a several balls left over which I plan on using for knitting up dishcloths. I can't say exactly how long it took to knit up because I had been working on the blanket all summer and stopping to knit up other things. The other things I completed while knitting the log cabin were several dishcloths, a superfancy potholder loop hallway rug, and 2 felted bowls.

Now on the needles I have started a Circle of Fun Rug from the Mason Dixon Knitting blook and a Sophie bag.
My calico cat Moochie rests on the blankie.

A view of the blanket on a queen size bed.
My other cat Munchkin sneaks a turn on the blanket.

20 comments:

Kathy said...

The blanket is absolutely gorgeous!

Leslie said...

It's beautiful! I love the log cabin concept...I knit a smaller version with Knit Picks Shine and it was very fun.

Tammy said...

The blanket colors are vibrant
and beautiful. I want to knit
one if I can overcome my short
attention span. It's very inspiring!

Bente B said...

Your blanket is gorgeous, love the colors you've chosen too!!!

lauriec said...

That is beyond gorgeous!!!!

Monika said...

This LC turned out wonderully! It's really nice. I like strong colors! Well done.

Kristy said...

The blanket is gorgeous. I am a fan of the Sugar n' Cream but I admit, I wouldn't have thought to use it for a blanket. It is beautiful!

Laura said...

Hi Abby! Love, love, love the blanket! You did a spectacular job on it! I just started my new job today so I missed knit group. I will be there next week. Hope to talk to you soon!

mo said...

This is gorgeous! Great colors and how you placed them is great too.

Carrie K said...

Your Log Cabin looks great! I love the way you did the four corner colors.

springyknitting said...

What great colors in your log cabin blanket. It's perfect!

Betty said...

That log cabin blanket is great! My question is this, have you washed it yet? I am concerned about the color-fastness, although I have only used Sugar-n-Cream once to play with a pattern.

If you did wash it, what method did you use?

annmarie said...

What a very pretty thing this is!

Jennifer said...

That is so lovely! It's on my list to knit... someday!

Jenn said...

Oh wow....it looks great! Good work.

Marita said...

I love it..so bright colours.

Chauntel said...

Abby,
It's Chauntel here from the Java Station knit group. I am so sorry we didn't get the word to you somehow. I just found your blog this morning through Laura'a blog! We met at the Coffee Cat last night because of JS's closing early. If you want to join our yahoo group so you can get the updates & changes you can get there through the link on my blog in the upper left hand corner. So sorry we missed you!! Hope to see you next week. At Java Station ;o)

Kirsten said...

Moochie has good taste! That's a fabulous blanket!

Pennie said...

That is awesome :)

guinness girl said...

I love it! I just bought the Mason & Dixon knitting book and some yarn to start my own log cabin - it looks so fun!