Friday, September 15, 2006

Beginning of Circle of Fun


Now that I'm done with my log cabin, here is the start of my Circle of Fun Bathmat. I am really enjoying the short rows to create this. In the Mason Dixon book, they use some type of wool for the rug but I got the idea from Smoking Hot Needles to use Sugar & Cream cotton yarn to make a bathmat. I'm knitting with 3 strands of yarn and size 13 needles. The colors are natural ombre and ecru. I started out using size 15 needles and did 3 triangle segments but I didn't like openness of the stitches. I frogged it and switched to smaller needles. Be warned, it is no fun to unravel this rug and the tangles that can be created are awful.

Because knitting this bathmat makes my arms tired, I've got 2 other projects going too. First is a Sophie Bag. I started out following the pattern but it just seemed too small for my needs. So I've double the size of it. It looks like a blue blob in the picture here. I take this knitting with me when I take my kids to the park because it's mindless knitting and can be easily put down to run after a kiddo and then be picked up again.

My third project I'm working on is a Corset T-Shirt. I saw it on Knitty Gritty. It is a really simple pattern and I'm using some soft merino yarn that I have. I plan on adding some short sleaves to it too.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I also like to knit mindless type knitting projects because it gives me something satisfying to do that stays done. I sometimes need a project where you can easily put it down and pick it up because I've got a 1 year old, 8 year old, and a 9 year old. I like the colors you're using for your bath mat. I also hope you post your bag when it's finished. Happy Knitting.