Friday, August 18, 2006

Procrastinating on Log Cabin Blanket

This dishcloth is part of the Monthly Dishcloth group KAL for mid-Aug. They give only 10 rows of instructions for the dishcloth each day for 6 days. After 2 days of the KAL I was able to figure out the pattern and yesterday I simply finished the dishcloth. I like learning these new stitch pattern that use 2 different colors and slipping stitches. The yarn for the cloth is Sugar & Cream "Cream" and "Summer Splash."

After I washed the dishcloth from the mid-July KAL for the Monthly Dishcloth group, I thought the mock cables and lace really came out nice. So I'm posting another picture of that cloth.

All these projects, the Superfancy Rug, the felted bowls, and all these dishcloths are simply my way of avoiding working on my log cabin blanket. I have about 2 more "logs" to knit and then a border. It measures over 47 inches by 47 inches. Maybe this week I finally finish it, unless I find something more enticing to knit up.



1 comment:

Angela said...

Absolutely love these dishcloth patterns:) The latest one looks like a reversed MD Warshrag. Tell me again how to get the pattern for the cabled one...maybe I need to join this kal?

Ang