Thursday, August 03, 2006

Garterlac Dishcloth and more


I saw on two different blogs references to a pattern for a Garterlac Dishcloth. I immediately knitted up one dishcloth in a varigated yarn by Sugar & Cream called "Swimming Pool." I've always wanted to learn how to knit entrelac. This is all knitted in garter stitch. I love this pattern and can see playing with it to make a poncho one day. Next, I played with the pattern a little by adding a few stiches to make it bigger and I also used 2 colors instead of just one. Yarn for this cloth is Sugar & Cream "Summer Splash" and "Hot Green." I much prefer the first Garterlac dishcloth to this 2 colored one.


I've joined Monthly Dishcloth KAL. They have 2 dishcloth knit alongs a month. I completed the mid-July dishcloth here which is kind of like lace. I prefer their mid-month KAL which involve some type of knit pattern. The beginning of the Month KAL involves knitting a picture of something (like dolphin, heart, etc..).

2 comments:

Knit and Tink said...

What a fun visit! I am going to try that garterlac dishcloth soon...I love it! Your log cabin is just beautiful!

Angela said...

Love your lace dish rag! Must give pattern or tell me where to find:)

Ang