Friday, August 11, 2006

Fun with Felted Bowls


My Grandmother's 95 birthday is this weekend and I want to give her something homemade so I decided on felted bowls that I had seen in the book One Skein. The bowls were quick and easy to knit up. For the small blue bowl I used Lambs Pride Bulky as suggested in the book. I already had some of that yarn in my stash and it felted up really fast. For the large green bowl, I used Cascade 220 which I doubled stranded the yarn. Felting the green took longer that the blue. I can easily see making more of these bowls for myself and as presents for others. Also, I don't think I'm going to use the Cascade yarn again because I found it a pain to double the yarn. I interested in trying Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky yarn or using the Lambs Pride Bulky again. My grandmother loves to crochet and knit and I think she is going to really like these because I don't think she has ever felted yarn before

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I love those bowls. I like felting with Lamb's Pride Bulky, too.

dianne said...

The bowls are adorable and I think your grandmother will love them! What a wonderful heartfelt gift.

Elaine said...

Those bowls are great. I made some myself. Are yours stiff? Mine aren't but they hold shape. I would love to know if you 'stiffened' them.
Elaine

Mrs. Bear said...

Sounds like you're thinking holiday gifts already!

Welcome to the blogring!

Sharon said...

Lovely bowls, your grandmother will love them.

Welcome to the Knitting Path webring :)

Angela said...

What a perfect gift...I bet she'll love these!

Ang

Danielle said...

Those are beautiful, I love the colors. Great job!!