Thursday, July 13, 2006

Starting the "Superfancy Potholder Loop Rug"


I decided to take another break from my log cabin blanket and start the potholder loop rug from the Mason Dixon Knitting book. So today I went to Michaels and bought several bags of cotton blend potholder loops and some pretty green size 35 needles. When I got home I started chain linking the loops together. I did two bags and then I casted onto the green needles. The book suggests casting on 26 stiches but I casted on 29. Then just started knitting in garter stitch. My picture shows how much 2 bags of loops knit up and the ball of loops is 2 bags chained together. I like how fast the rug is going.
(*note.The loops cost $2.49 for a 10 oz bag.)

2 comments:

Amy G. said...

I found your blog from the MD KAL one. I am planning a trip tonight or tomorrow to the next town where Michaels is. How much were the potholder loops? I love the look of the rug.
Also like your other creations!

Abby said...

The loops cost $2.49 for a 10 oz bag. I thought it was a good deal.