Thursday, June 08, 2006

Shopping trip to Michael's


The Mason Dixon Knitting book suggests using Peaches n Cream cotton yarn, but its not sold locally. So, I'm using Lily's Sugar & Cream cotton yarn for my log cabin blanket. It is suprising easy to use with metal needles and feels soft. About half the colors I have I bought at Michael's for $1.49 each. However they don't have a great selection of colors. So I've gotten the rest at a local independent craft store which charges about 75 cents more the Miachaels. They also don't have a full selection of colors. So they even each other out.

Today I went to Michael's and they actulally had a color of blue I didn't have, "Hot Blue." So I was a big spender and I got 2 balls of it. I love that the yarn is so affordable and that I don't feel guiltly buying any.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I like the way you are putting the colors together. It looks great!

Jeanne said...

I like the way you are putting the colors together. It look great!

ange said...

How many balls of the sugar n' cream do you think it will take to finish it? Its gorgeous.